From the moment of its appearance, women’s watches are perceived first as an ornament and only then as a complex and useful mechanism. Moreover, finding out what time it is is not a problem in the 21st century – just look at the smartphone.
Perhaps that is why the ladies’ wrist chronometer has established itself in the category of fashion items, with which you can emphasize your style and attitude to life. Therefore, you need to buy it carefully, taking into account the smallest details. The article will tell about the subtleties and nuances of choosing womens watches.
Choice Of Style, Appearance Of The Watch
A variety of models can sometimes cause a mixture of admiration and confusion. Beautiful and interesting at the same time seem completely different in style and performance of the product. And I want to buy everything at once – a sophisticated watch with a metal case, a massive sports watch, a nice little Chinese watch with a floral pattern …
So that instead of rash purchases, your favorite accessory flaunts on your wrist, you should soberly and prudently evaluate its appearance and compliance with your style. That is, think about where and with what outfits you can wear a chronometer, how often.
Depending on the lifestyle, models in the following styles are suitable for everyday wear:
- Classical. Strict lines, restraint and elegance of products will be appropriate in the office, in the classroom at the university, business meetings;
- Sports. Devices with a casual look look organic – on walks, on vacation – and with sportswear;
- Romantic. The graceful lines of the case, the charming pattern on the dial and the strap will come in handy at a date, resort, party;
- Unisex. Especially for girls who prefer comfort and freedom of movement, brands create devices with a large body, wide strap, simple and clear dials.
For social events, it is better to buy a separate accessory that matches the evening or cocktail look:
- Jewelry made of gold, platinum or silver. Such models are often decorated with precious or semi-precious stones.
- Designer women’s watches that can combine an unusual case shape with a thin feminine bracelet. Or a massive forged bracelet with a classic case and dial.
To choose a women’s watch that will look good on the wrist and not cause discomfort, you need to take measurements correctly. As in the case of measurements for clothes, you need a centimeter. Do not refuse the help of another person – self-made measurements may be inaccurate due to the mobility of the arm in the process.
What measures to take:
- full wrist circumference (measured at the base of the palm);
- wrist width (at the base of the palm);
- the diameter of a round case or the width of a case of another shape.
An ill-fitting watch face can look awkward on the hand, for example, if the owner of a thin wrist wears a device that is too wide. Not the best impression is made by miniature wristwatches on a hand of medium width – it seems that the lady mistakenly grabbed a children’s model.
The world of ladies’ chronometers, like all other accessories, is subject to fashion trends. And they affect not only the shape, size, material of the dial and strap. The tone of the product sets the color. Tastefully selected model will successfully complement the image or become a bright accent.
When choosing a device for everyday wear, you should give preference to tones that are considered classics – brown, black. Traditional metallic colors are also relevant – silver, gold, steel.
Chanel, Cartier, Roberto Cavalli, Louis Vuitton and other recognized kings of the fashion world are developing personalized devices for devoted admirers. The spirit of every home finds expression in the design of the accessories. The elegant minimalism of Chanel is opposed by Cartier models, richly encrusted with pearls and diamonds. And those who are tired of the conservatism of Louis Vuitton will like the design of Roberto Cavalli – the embodiment of the graceful activity of a modern girl.
You can study the technical features of chronometers for a long time. And even longer to look for the perfect combination of shape, color and texture. But even the most expensive designer watches will not become a reflection of the personality if the soul does not lie with them. Therefore, it is so important to focus on the sensations, emotions that arise when looking at the accessory. If there is a desire to put it on and wear it, the cost of the material and the type of mechanism lose their key importance.