CBD is currently quickly growing in popularity due to the benefits it provides. This non-psychoactive compound is widely used as an alternative medicine for anxiety, chronic pain, and insomnia. Many people use it recreationally as well to relax after a hard day at work. The types of CBD products available on the market range from skin-absorbing creams to CBD Gummies.
If CBD caught your attention, you might want to try it. However, with many options to choose from, picking the right one for you may be challenging. We want to help you with that task. In this article, you will learn if CBD can be absorbed through the skin and how this method differs from other ways to consume it, such as inhalation or sublingually. We asked our friends over at Saha Premium CBD products to tell us everything you need to know.
Can CBD Be Absorbed Through Skin? Yes, It Can!
The answer is yes, CBD can be absorbed through your skin. In fact, this is a very common method to consume the compound. This form of delivery is often used by people who do not want to smoke or inhale it. However, before you use CBD oil on your skin, you should know that there are different types of it. Let’s take a look at all the differences between topicals and other CBD-based products.
Topical CBD Products
One of the most popular ways to administer CBD is through a topical product. In other words, you put CBD oil on your skin. The process of using these products involves massaging the area where you want to apply the oil. This means that you rub the affected area with your hands.
There are three main methods to use a topical CBD product:
This method requires that you apply the oil directly to your skin. You can either use your fingers or a soft cloth to apply it. However, you should avoid applying it directly on cuts or open wounds. Applying it on damaged skin may cause irritation.
Use a Moisturizer
If you do not want to apply the product directly to your skin, you can use it as a moisturizer instead. There are many different types of lotions and creams out there that contain CBD oil. Some of them even include various ingredients that help with inflammation or pain. Using a CBD moisturizer may prove beneficial if you have sensitive skin or if you have skin that easily gets irritated.
Use a Carrier Oil
CBD oils are usually thick and viscous. This means that they may go on the skin very well, but they may also take some time to absorb fully into it. If you want to speed up the process of absorption, you can mix the CBD oil with another type of carrier oil, such as coconut oil or almond oil. Although the method has been proven to work well, it is not always advised because it is difficult to know exactly how much CBD your body gets.
Topicals for Pain Relief
CBD topicals are another popular way to apply CBD. These products include creams, balms, salves, gels, and oils, which can be used directly on the skin in order to relieve pain. Not only that CBD topicals provide natural pain relief, but they also improve sleep quality and increase blood circulation in the affected areas. Therefore, if you have back pain, sore muscles, or swollen joints, topicals may be a great option for you.
CBD topicals are usually ointment-like products meant to be applied directly to the skin. There are also lotions available, but they do not consist solely of CBD oil. In any case, CBD topicals tend to be very thin and watery inconsistency. They are usually applied under clothing or directly on the affected area in order to avoid staining your clothes or sheets. Usually, one application provides adequate relief for many hours without having to reapply it again multiple times throughout the day. However, make sure that you consult with a medical professional before using CBD topicals because they may interact with certain medications.
Types of Topical Supplements
The term “topicals” refers to any medication or supplement that you apply directly onto your skin for some kind of health benefit (pain relief, anti-aging effects). There are many different types of topical supplements out there as well as many different ways to use them for maximum effect:
- Creams – Lotions and creams are the most common CBD topicals. These products are usually made with a combination of essential oils, CBD oil, and other ingredients that help with inflammation or pain. It is important to remember that not all CBD topicals are the same. Some creams contain THC, while others do not. Therefore, it is always important to read the label carefully before using them.
- Salves – Salves are another popular type of CBD topical. They are typically solid at room temperature and may be applied directly to your skin. The most common types of salves are meant to be used as lip balms or for soothing irritated skin.
- Gels – Gels are usually clear and viscous inconsistency. They can be applied directly onto your skin or taken orally for relief from a variety of conditions. Gels that are meant for oral use may have a slightly bitter taste, which can be masked by mixing them with a sweet fruit juice or taking them with food.
- Oils – There are many different types of oils out there that can be used for various purposes. Some oils can promote muscle relaxation (eucalyptus oil), whereas others can stimulate circulation (wintergreen). Moreover, you can also use an oil to apply CBD directly to your skin without going through the process of making a cream or lotion first.
- Sprays – CBD sprays are another popular way to get the benefits of CBD. They are typically applied directly to your skin with a spray bottle. The most common types of CBD sprays are meant to be used for relaxing muscles after a workout or relieve pain from a sore joint or muscle.
CBD oil is an excellent way to get activated cannabinoids into your system without smoking or vaping. It has proven effective in helping individuals with a variety of conditions and symptoms. However, it is important to remember that each person is unique and reacts differently to CBD. Some users will notice positive effects instantly, while others will experience them gradually over time. It is best to give this natural medicine time before expecting a result. If you suffer from pain or any other affliction that you think CBD can help you with, make sure that you know the right dose. As much as CBD can help, too much of a good thing can have some side effects. While the side effects are usually mild they can become serious if you are taking medication that CBD doesn’t agree with. If you have any questions or concerns you should definitely talk to a medical professional who can answer any questions you may have.