Whether you both like thrilling adventures or prefer a relaxing environment for your honeymoon, it’s important to choose a romantic destination where you can just be together, enjoy the sights, and make beautiful memories.
Here are the 11 romantic destination ideas for that trip of a lifetime!
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Newlyweds from all over the world flock here for their best honeymoon ever. Pristine beaches everywhere, picturesque views, and safari adventures – there are so many things to see and experience in Bora Bora.
- Head to Tupitipiti Point- one of the most famous dive sites in Bora Bora. Watch sharks, stingrays, and parrotfish swim with you.
- Get around the island with a Jeep safari guided tour. Don’t forget to check out the original US Army cannon remains from WWII.
- Take a boat ride and go island hopping. There are 100 islands throughout the French Polynesian archipelagos!
Note: It’s an expensive travel destination. The average cost of a week-long vacation in Bora Bora is $11,000 for two. But it’s worth seeing a majestic paradise.
Known for its exciting beaches and enchanting rainforests, Bali is another ideal honeymoon destination in 2021. Here’s why:
- It’s got a vast ocean which gives you plenty of romantic activities, like a private dinner on a yacht, with an acoustic band playing your favorite tunes in the background.
- You have a chance to interact with the marine wildlife by riding in a submarine that brings you 90 feet deep into the ocean.
- The island boasts of amazing sunsets. For the most romantic sunset viewing, head to stop a 70-meter cliff which is perched atop a 70-meter cliff.
You’ll find affordable tour packages in Bali, Indonesia. It’s a great destination if you’re traveling on a budget.
This romantic getaway in Asia has fabulous beaches and resorts, along with mesmerizing natural landscapes.
Enjoy these popular activities on your visit to Phuket, Thailand:
- Get a close-up view of the diverse marine life in the beautiful islands of Similan. It’s one of the world’s top destinations for diving and snorkeling.
- Have a memorable date in a speedboat while enjoying the stunning views and crystal-clear waters of Maya Bay.
- Experience an exhilarating 4-wheel drive through the rainforest at the Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary. They also offer whitewater rafting.
Make sure to wear your most comfortable summer clothes on the island. Aside from your babouche shoes, pack a pair of rugged sandals for some urban strolling.
From Asia to Europe, be swept off your feet in this very attractive tiny village.
- Hop in a car for a road trip with plenty of scenic stops.
- Check-in at one of the glamorous hotels where you can dress up, wear fancy bling and diamonds. Grab your chic diamond ring and let it help you shine in the evening.
- Embark on a gastronomic journey at Michelin-star restaurants around the village.
From luxurious hotels to stunning beaches, adventure activities, rainforests, and romantic getaways, this place has a little bit of everything. Here are some things to experience in Costa Rica:
- Have that tropical seclusion and romantic ambiance you’ve been dreaming of at Hotel Villa Caletas – one of the luxury hotels in Costa Rica.
- Go horseback riding, kayaking, and sunset touring at Lapa Rios Ecolodge. It’s an upscale wilderness resort in the center of the remote rainforest.
Waking up at the views of Mediterranean waters with your spouse at Santorini is one of the most romantic things ever!
Add these things to your bucket list:
- Enjoy a wine tasting tour at Vinsanto and Nychteri and learn about the history and techniques of winemaking in Santorini.
- Tour around Oia – the most beautiful, picture-perfect village of Santorini.
- Hop in a private pool at a lavish honeymoon suite at one of the luxury hotels on the island.
Tagged as one of the most romantic cities in the world, there are plenty of things you can do with your better half:
- Experience a cuddlesome gondola ride through the beautiful canals of the city.
- Check out museums, churches, galleries, vintage boutiques, and unpretentious eateries.
- Indulge in creamy and decadent Gelato.
Harbour Island, Bahamas
Harbour Island is an expensive romantic destination. But it’s worth the price tag. Imagine coming to some of the most breathtaking views in the Atlantic!
- Sunbathe at the famed pink sand beach on the east side of the island.
- Have a relaxing tour around the island and go horseback riding at sunset.
- Eat and drink exotic food, such as lobster quesadillas, spicy margaritas, and lots of seafood.
This Spanish island in the Mediterranean is well-known for its lively nightlife and beautiful beaches.
- Be one with nature at the calas (beach coves) – the best places to be in Ibiza.
- Check out the hippie markets and restaurants that offer amazing food.
- Enjoy the world-famous nightlife.
- Sunsets in Ibiza are world-famous for a reason.
If you both love going to historical places, Kyoto Japan is a great destination. Experience a romantic vacation by stopping by at these three major spots:
- Kyoto temples. Have quality time with peace at the historic temples in Kyoto like the Shisen-do and Honen-in.
- Daimon-ji. In for a scenic hike? A 30-minute climb is all you need to witness the splendor of the Arashiyama mountains.
- Kinosaki Onsen. This quaint village is great for a romantic walk.
Hayman Island, Australia
Australia’s ultimate honeymoon destination – Hayman island is surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens in the world. Here are some great activities to try if you choose this destination:
- Enjoy thrilling water adventures, including windsurfing, water skiing, scuba diving, and snorkelling.
- Relax at Hayman’s award-winning spa and check out the stunning island boutiques.
- Indulge in gourmet cuisine by acclaimed chefs.