Manicure should be done with a certain frequency, as a rule, after about two to three weeks. You can cope with this task at home on your own. But often, with a lack of experience, desire, or time, it is easier to turn to a manicure specialist who will do his job at a decent level.
Good And Bad Master – How Do They Differ?
Nowadays, the nail industry is simply oversaturated with masters who offer a wide range of services at very different prices. The cost of a manicure, gel polish, or other procedures has a fairly large range. It depends on many factors, but primarily on the materials and tools used in the work, as well as the experience and professionalism of the master.
Undoubtedly, every woman wants to get a manicure from a conscientious master and does not want to get to an inexperienced one. What is the difference between a good specialist and a bad one? First of all, these are the main points and criteria that a manicurist should have:
- Neat appearance and neatness. These characteristics always play an important role in any service industry. The only point on which you can make a discount is the absence of a beautiful manicure by the master, as they say – “a shoemaker without boots.” A sought-after specialist may simply not have enough time for this, and the work itself leaves its imprints on the appearance of nails.
- A clean workplace and sterile instruments. A good and conscientious master always keeps manicure tools in perfect cleanliness, disinfects them before working with each new client. They do not allow the sloppiness of their workplace, careless storage of materials and tools. Besides, the master should use only quality materials like DND nail polish.
- Lots of clients and a tight recording schedule. People always visit a good master, but his work schedule appears to be very tight and therefore people should sign up for him in advance. A qualified and responsible specialist has a reception schedule and a convenient form for registering clients.
- Portfolio and reputation. An experienced specialist has various certificates and diplomas confirming training and advanced training, as well as awards and victories in specialized competitions. Own portfolio with photographs of work also speaks of professionalism and skill.
- Ability to communicate with clients and find an approach to them. Elementary knowledge of psychology, an individual approach to the client, the ability to maintain a conversation, and, if necessary, be silent – all these are characteristic of experienced and good masters of the service sector.
Where To Look For And How To Choose A Good Manicure Master?
It is impossible to say unequivocally that a worthy manicure service specialist can be found there. There may be several options and which one is better is not known, everything is purely individual. You can find it on the Internet or follow the recommendations of friends. A good and suitable master for you can work both in a beauty salon and privately at home.
A salon with a good reputation guarantees that experienced masters work here, only high-quality and original materials are used in the work. But the prices here are usually much higher. The master who works from home often charges lower wages for their work, while their level of professionalism pleases clients.
To choose a good manicure master, ideally suited for you, it is advisable to follow these basic recommendations when looking for one:
- Pay attention to the reviews and advice of friends, preferably by looking at their nails, as a result of the work of the master;
- Do not go to a specialist spontaneously, without knowing anything about him, look at his portfolio beforehand;
- Think about if the master can sign you up for any convenient time because for some reason he does not have clients;
- At the first meeting, consider whether the person is suitable for you, whether it is friendly for you to talk;
- Evaluate the room, the coziness and comfort of being in it, study the workplace, evaluate the cleanliness and accuracy, make sure that there are sterilizers for tools;
- See if the master has diplomas, certificates, and awards, ask where and what he studied, how many years he has been working;
- Ask what materials and what tools the specialist works with, it is desirable that everything is produced by the same brand;
- Specify the prices for the work, pay attention to them, because too low prices may indicate inexperience or low-quality materials, choose an acceptable cost for yourself.
If you are lucky with the choice of a good manicurist, then the services he provides will bring you true emotional and aesthetic pleasure. But it should be understood that not everything depends on the work of a specialist. A manicure will stay beautiful and fresh for a long time if you take care of it properly, following simple tips and tricks.