Making money online has been around since the dawn of the internet. However, it has only been in the past couple of decades that online gaming has exploded onto the scene. Moreover, making money while gaming via various platforms has become so entrenched in society that you could argue that it is a perfectly normal way to earn extra income on the side (or a full-time income if you’re outstanding).
Nevertheless, with the advancement of technology, there are more ways than ever to earn money and have fun. This post explores how technology can help people make extra income to pay the bills or enough to change their lives completely.
The Number Of Reputable Online Casinos Has Increased
It would be remiss to begin a post about making money by gaming online without mentioning casinos. Initially considered disreputable, they have now entered the mainstream of society and have been replaced by more reputable alternatives. Moreover, the way that you deposit and withdraw your winnings has become far safer and more convenient than ever before. With the advent of Neteller gambling sites, you now have several options.
Additionally, you have access to a vast swath of payment merchants like Skrill and PayPal, who all guarantee the security of your data and the safety of your money. Aside from the regular payment options, you also have access to casinos that accept specific cryptocurrencies, making online gaming more convenient than ever. Nonetheless, you must still remain vigilant and take heed of a few pointers:
- Always use websites that are encrypted.
- Find out how good their customer service is.
- Ensure they have a wide selection of games to choose from.
- Read their terms of service for any issues regarding your winnings.
- If you want to increase your winnings and make the process more enjoyable, be sure they offer a decent selection of bonuses.
You can always use an online aggregator to review different options if you’re unsure which casino offers the best service. Once you have selected a few, you can test the waters with a few deposits and bets and see which provides the most bang for your buck regarding satisfaction, win ratio, and ease of use.
You Can Work As A Game Tester For The Myriad Of Triple-A Games Being Released
Gaming is an enormous industry, and as such, a lot of high-quality games are released every month. While you might not believe it, you can actually make money as a game tester by testing games before they are released. A game tester is a person who tests a video game to find bugs, glitches, and other issues with the game.
They play the game and document any errors they encounter while playing. This information is then sent back to the developers so that they can fix it before the product launches. Now, there are a few caveats to consider before you jump online looking for a game-testing job:
- The pay isn’t excellent: Don’t expect to receive the same level of compensation as the software engineers and managers. Nevertheless, you will usually earn a fair wage for your work.
- It isn’t quite as fun as you might imagine: Many people believe that game testing involves playing a game before it has been released to the public. However, what usually occurs is that you are given a specific level to play, and you must play it relentlessly to find flaws the engineer missed.
- There is lots of competition: Due to its position as unskilled labor, you’ll have plenty of competition vying for similar posts.
Nonetheless, if you are happy to test for some extra cash and don’t mind a bit of repetition, it can be a fun and rewarding experience.
Mobile Gaming Has Enabled Tech-Savvy Individual To Make Games That Pay
As mentioned, the gaming industry is vast, but mobile gaming makes up a large part of it. If you are tech-savvy or entrepreneurially-minded enough, you could make money creating and promoting your own mobile games. If your games are successful, you can end up making significant amounts of money to reinvest in new ones and turn a hobby into a business.
Streaming Services Have Made Millionaires
Anyone into gaming will have heard of Twitch. If not, it’s a service that lets players stream their gameplay with fans and earn money. There are other streaming platforms, such as YouTube Gaming, but the one you select will need to work for you. Moreover, you need to develop and nurture a large group of subscribers if you want to make the big bucks.
Thanks to technological advancements, earning money while playing games has never been easier. From making your own mobile games to building paying subscribers via a streaming platform, you have more choices to make extra money than ever before.