Want to learn how to create a weed-infused cheesecake? Discover our no-bake dessert with cannabutter that satisfies your sweet tooth and uplifts your mood.
Are you looking for a cannabis dessert to take to your next “high tea?” We’ve got you covered. How about a weed-infused cheesecake to put everyone in good spirits or relax them as they enjoy the moment?
Cheesecake already sits at the top of many people’s lists of favorite desserts. Strawberry, blueberry, and lemon-flavored confectioneries are among the most popular variations. How amazing is it that you can indulge in marijuana cheesecake too?
It’s no surprise that weed is also available in these fantastic flavors. Marijuana enthusiasts can affirm that nugs grown from cannabis sativa seeds, like Strawberry, make an excellent marijuana cheesecake.
Any baker will tell you that nothing beats making your dessert from scratch. Once you’ve got your freshly harvested buds, it’s time to make the cannabutter and get creative in the kitchen.
Here’s how to prepare the best cheesecake you’ll ever set your taste buds on.
How To Make Cannabutter
Cannabutter is the crucial ingredient in this weed cheesecake recipe and a replacement oil base in many dishes. Prepare it the day before making your dessert, as it takes some time. Use good quality salted, unsalted or vegan butter.
Do you want high THC levels for the ultimate buzz or plenty of CBD to reap the therapeutic benefits? Decarboxylate your cannabis buds first to receive the full effects.
Heating the flower activates the psychoactive and medicinal properties. The plant material adds no value to your infused cheesecake recipe without it. Decarbing your buds is the only time you have to bake something.
Experts recommended keeping the cannabis to butter ratio at 1:1. Add more weed if you want it stronger or vice versa for a weaker infusion.
Gather the following items to decarb your marijuana:
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Cannabis grinder
- Marijuana buds of choice
Assemble these items to make cannabutter for the cheesecake from your decarbed nugs:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- Wooden spoon
- Cheesecloth material or fine mesh strainer
- Glass jar or container
- 0.25–0.35 oz. Ground decarboxylated marijuana buds
The method consists of three parts:
1. Decarb Your Cannabis
- Preheat your oven to about 240℉. Slow heat preserves the cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper onto the baking tray and spread your buds evenly.
- Bake them in the oven for 30–40 minutes and move them around every 10–15 minutes.
- After time elapses, remove the tray and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, use the grinder to break the buds down to a smaller consistency, but not powder form.
2. Melt the Butter
- On low heat at 150℉, place one cup of butter in the saucepan to melt.
- Add one cup of water to regulate the temperature and keep the butter from scorching.
- Once the butter is completely soft, add the cannabis flower and mix well using a spoon.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer on low heat for about three hours. Stir occasionally.
3. Strain the Cannabutter
- Place the cheesecloth or mesh strainer over the glass container.
- After three hours of simmering, remove the saucepan from the heat and pour the contents into the strainer.
- Allow it to sift freely without pushing, pressing, or squeezing. Doing this adds chlorophyll to your butter and gives it an unpleasant taste.
- Once the straining is complete, place the container in the refrigerator to solidify before using it for your weed cheesecake.
Cannabis-Infused Cheesecake Recipe
Once your main ingredient is ready, it’s time to get creative in the kitchen with this no-bake weed-inspired cheesecake recipe.
Assemble the following items:
- ½ cup melted cannabutter
- 1 ¼ cup crumbled graham crackers
- ¼ cup sugar (for the crust)
- 16 oz. full fat cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar (for the filling)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
The cannabis cheesecake preparation method has two parts:
- Add graham cracker crumbs, melted cannabutter, and sugar to a bowl.
- Mix well, ensuring the butter evenly coats all the crumbs.
- Pour your mixture into the baking pan.
- Spread it evenly over the base and up the sides of the pan.
- Place it in the refrigerator to set while preparing the filling.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to bind the ingredients together until they’re soft and smooth.
- Add whipping cream and continue to blend for another 3–5 minutes until the consistency is thick and smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, add a topping of your choice, and refrigerate for up to six hours.
Be mindful of the THC content in your cannabutter. If you select a strain with high levels, it’s best to start slow. Have a small bite and wait a few minutes to monitor how the canna cheesecake affects you.
Depending on your cannabinoid tolerance levels, effects are set in thirty minutes to two hours after your first bite. Edibles offer long-lasting sensations, sometimes for up to 12 hours. Enjoy the entire slice if you select a high CBD strain with low THC.
Do you want an endless supply of cannabutter? Grow high-quality weed seeds and harvest resinous marijuana buds with potent flavors and effects. The top 10 seed banks in the USA provide you with a plethora of options to choose from.
A Cheesecake With Flower
Nothing beats a homemade, no-bake, weed-infused cheesecake. After your first bake-off with marijuana, you’ll feel like the next best canna-chef.
Remember to source quality products from reputable retailers. Know what weed strain you’re consuming by growing your plants from seed. This way, you’ll be familiar with the buds’ cannabinoid levels, effects, and flavors.