We have put together the perfect Top 15 Honeymoon Destination Ideas For 2021. You can thank us later.
Whether you both like thrilling adventures or prefer a relaxing environment for your honeymoon, it’s important to choose a romantic destination where you can just be together, enjoy the sights, and make beautiful memories.
Here are the 15 romantic Honeymoon Destination Ideas for that trip of a lifetime!
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
Newlyweds from all over the world flock here for their best honeymoon ever. Pristine beaches everywhere, picturesque views, and safari adventures – there are so many things to see and experience in Bora Bora.
- Head to Tupitipiti Point- one of the most famous dive sites in Bora Bora. Watch sharks, stingrays, and parrotfish swim with you.
- Get around the island with a Jeep safari guided tour. Don’t forget to check out the original US Army cannon remains from WWII.
- Take a boat ride and go island hopping. There are 100 islands throughout the French Polynesian archipelagos!
Note: It’s an expensive travel destination. The average cost of a week-long vacation in Bora Bora is $11,000 for two. But it’s worth seeing a majestic paradise.
On top of our Honeymoon Destination Ideas is Bali. Known for its exciting beaches and enchanting rainforests, Bali should definitely be on your Honeymoon Destination Ideas for 2021. Here’s why:
- It’s got a vast ocean which gives you plenty of romantic activities, like a private dinner on a yacht, with an acoustic band playing your favorite tunes in the background.
- You have a chance to interact with the marine wildlife by riding in a submarine that brings you 90 feet deep into the ocean.
- The island boasts of amazing sunsets. For the most romantic sunset viewing, head to stop a 70-meter cliff which is perched atop a 70-meter cliff.
You’ll find affordable tour packages in Bali, Indonesia. It’s a great destination if you’re traveling on a budget.
This romantic getaway in Asia has fabulous beaches and resorts, along with mesmerizing natural landscapes.
Enjoy these popular activities on your visit to Phuket, Thailand:
- Get a close-up view of the diverse marine life in the beautiful islands of Similan. It’s one of the world’s top destinations for diving and snorkeling.
- Have a memorable date in a speedboat while enjoying the stunning views and crystal-clear waters of Maya Bay.
- Experience an exhilarating 4-wheel drive through the rainforest at the Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary. They also offer whitewater rafting.
Make sure to wear your most comfortable summer clothes on the island. Aside from your babouche shoes, pack a pair of rugged sandals for some urban strolling.
From Asia to Europe, be swept off your feet in this very attractive tiny village. It’s no secret why Comporta is on our Honeymoon Destination Ideas for 2021.
- Hop in a car for a road trip with plenty of scenic stops.
- Check-in at one of the glamorous hotels where you can dress up, wear fancy bling and diamonds. Grab your chic diamond ring and let it help you shine in the evening.
- Embark on a gastronomic journey at Michelin-star restaurants around the village.
It won’t be a complete Honeymoon Destination Ideas list without Costa Rica. From luxurious hotels to stunning beaches, adventure activities, rainforests, and romantic getaways, this place has a little bit of everything. Here are some things to experience in Costa Rica:
- Have that tropical seclusion and romantic ambiance you’ve been dreaming of at Hotel Villa Caletas – one of the luxury hotels in Costa Rica.
- Go horseback riding, kayaking, and sunset touring at Lapa Rios Ecolodge. It’s an upscale wilderness resort in the center of the remote rainforest.
Waking up at the views of Mediterranean waters with your spouse at Santorini is one of the most romantic things ever!
Add these things to your bucket list:
- Enjoy a wine tasting tour at Vinsanto and Nychteri and learn about the history and techniques of winemaking in Santorini.
- Tour around Oia – the most beautiful, picture-perfect village of Santorini.
- Hop in a private pool at a lavish honeymoon suite at one of the luxury hotels on the island.
Tagged as one of the most romantic cities in the world, there are plenty of things you can do with your better half:
- Experience a cuddlesome gondola ride through the beautiful canals of the city.
- Check out museums, churches, galleries, vintage boutiques, and unpretentious eateries.
- Indulge in creamy and decadent Gelato.
Harbour Island, Bahamas
Harbour Island is part of our expensive but romantic Honeymoon Destination Ideas. But it’s worth the price tag. Imagine coming to some of the most breathtaking views in the Atlantic!
- Sunbathe at the famed pink sand beach on the east side of the island.
- Have a relaxing tour around the island and go horseback riding at sunset.
- Eat and drink exotic food, such as lobster quesadillas, spicy margaritas, and lots of seafood.
This Spanish island in the Mediterranean is well-known for its lively nightlife and beautiful beaches.
- Be one with nature at the calas (beach coves) – the best places to be in Ibiza.
- Check out the hippie markets and restaurants that offer amazing food.
- Enjoy the world-famous nightlife.
- Sunsets in Ibiza are world-famous for a reason.
If you both love going to historical places, Kyoto Japan is a great destination. Experience a romantic vacation by stopping by at these three major spots:
- Kyoto temples. Have quality time with peace at the historic temples in Kyoto like the Shisen-do and Honen-in.
- Daimon-ji. In for a scenic hike? A 30-minute climb is all you need to witness the splendor of the Arashiyama mountains.
- Kinosaki Onsen. This quaint village is great for a romantic walk.
Hayman Island, Australia
Australia’s ultimate honeymoon destination, and at the top of our Honeymoon Destination Ideas list- Hayman island is surrounded by some of the most beautiful gardens in the world. Here are some great activities to try if you choose this destination:
- Enjoy thrilling water adventures, including windsurfing, water skiing, scuba diving, and snorkelling.
- Relax at Hayman’s award-winning spa and check out the stunning island boutiques.
- Indulge in gourmet cuisine by acclaimed chefs.
Maldives, South Asia
Paradise on earth, the Maldives is known to be the perfect holiday and honeymoon spot. However, this heaven has more to offer than just relaxing. If you choose this one as part of our Honeymoon Destination Ideas you should try these great activities:
- Visit three Maldives snorkelling hotspots on a four-hour safari from Malé. Take a speedboat to Hulhumale, then snorkel with your guide.
- Resorts such as Adaaran Hudhuranfushi offer activities such as water flying.
- Parasailing – seeing the Maldives from above is a must! It really is one of the nicest things to do in the Maldives.
Fiji, South Pacific
Modern luxury is combined with breathtaking landscapes, beaches, and other natural treasures in Fiji, widely regarded as one of the world’s most romantic Honeymoon Destination Ideas. Several villas, hotels, and resorts offer seclusion and privacy that many honeymooners seek.
- In this setting, you can snorkel with manta rays in the Yasawas.
- If you prefer something a bit tamer, you can visit a history museum or stop to smell the orchids at the Garden of the Sleeping Giant.
- More than 300 islands separate Fiji from other parts of the South Pacific archipelago, making it the quintessential South Pacific paradise. It’s one of the best places in the world for tropical attractions and rewarding things to do.
Colombia, South America
In Colombia, romance is alive with a bustling nightlife, fresh daily catch of the top-shelf, and surprisingly positive health options.
- Take a dip in La Piscina, a coral reef lagoon in Tayrona National Park, the northernmost part of Colombia’s northern coast, directly on the Caribbean Sea.
- If you love a challenge, there are hiking trails following the shoreline, and towering rock formations scattered throughout the turquoise water to climb on! (and good on you for exercising on your honeymoon!).
- There is also the option to rent canoes for those who wish to be more active.
Big Sur, California
A visit to the California coast is a romantic experience with its natural beauty, varied (but perfect) climate, and some of the best views around. It’s no mystery why this is part of our Honeymoon Destination Ideas for 2021.
- The adventurous couple can take the Nacimiento Trail that weaves through Redwood trees, high in the clouds, for the most breathtaking views.
- Enjoy a Champagne lunch at the Four Seasons Biltmore and take off on bikes from the Montecito Inn (though a new Rosewood Miramar Beach will open later this year to much acclaim).
- Get a photo of the two of you atop the historic Santa Barbara courthouse with spectacular views of both the ocean and mountains. Head out along the coast to neighboring Santa Barbara.