Buying an engagement ring is exciting and stressful at the same time. While you cannot wait to get the perfect ring for the love of your life, there are so many ring design options to choose from. Read on for five shopping tips to find the perfect engagement ring.
1. Understand The 4Cs
The first step to buying the perfect engagement ring is knowing and understanding the 4Cs. This is the global standard that allows you to assess the quality of the diamond and compare one ring to another. The 4Cs refer to:
- Color – Diamond color is graded on a D to Z scale, with the letter D indicating colorless while the letter Z shows light yellow
- Clarity – A diamond’s clarity indicates its flawlessness( without blemishes or inclusions)
- Cut – This refers to the sparkle the ring gives off and is graded from poor to excellent. It also indicates the shape of the ring
- Carat weight – This is the measure of a ring’s size. Diamond rings have an average size of one carat
2. Pick The Ring Shape
Base the choice of your engagement’s ring shape on your taste and preference. There is a variety of engagement ring shapes you could choose from, including round rings for long and lean fingers, oval, emerald, pear, marquise, and princess, to mention a few.
3. Set A Budget
Before looking into different jewellery stores such as Love & Promise Jewelers for the perfect ring, you should first set a budget. While most people advise spending three months earning on an engagement ring, you should consider your financial situation before committing to a specific ring. Getting married and starting a family is expensive, so you should not add to the financial stress and anxiety by going for a ring you cannot afford. Remember also to consider the type of ring your significant other wants and your wedding budget when deciding on the amount to spend on the ring.
4. Consider What Your Partner Wants
Your girlfriend already has an idea of the type of engagement ring they want. You should consider what your significant other wants since they are the ones to wear the ring. While you cannot ask them what they want directly to avoid ruining the surprise, there are a few tricks you could use to figure out exactly what to get your loved one, including;
- Paying close attention to their style
- Enquiring from your partner’s close friends and relatives
- Tagging a friend along during ring shopping
- Checking your partner’s social media
5. Choose A Vendor
With a budget in mind, you should select the best place to buy the engagement ring. However, choosing the right jewellery store can be overwhelming with the many different online and local retailers.
To choose the right vendor, you should conduct in-depth research to determine a store with quality engagement rings. Next, compare prices for the specific ring you have in mind to avoid paying more than you should. You could also consider getting referrals and recommendations from relatives, friends, and colleagues who have shopped for engagement rings before for leads to the best vendors.
Buying the perfect ring for your life partner does not have to be stressful. You should understand the 4Cs, pick the right ring shape, set a budget, and choose the right vendor while considering your partner’s desire to get the perfect engagement ring.