Gastroenterology is a clinical discipline that treats the diseases of the human digestive system. Symptoms caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract reduce the quality of life of the patients. In order to receive high-quality diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, you can travel abroad.
One of the leading countries in the treatment of these diseases is Germany. Gastroenterology in Germany is characterized by the availability of modern equipment and highly qualified doctors.
What Are The Symptoms?
A timely visit to a doctor and proper treatment help to quickly and effectively cure diseases of the gastrointestinal tract at the earliest stages of development, so that the patient enjoys life without discomfort. Therefore, you need to contact a gastroenterologist in case of development of the following symptoms:
- Periodic pain in abdomen or chest.
- Heartburn, belching, hiccups, bloating.
- Feeling of exhaustion.
- Bitterness in the mouth, nausea and vomiting.
- Stool disorders.
- Yellowness of sclera and skin.
- Rapid weight gain or weight loss.
Causes Of Pathologies Of The Gastrointestinal Tract
Due to constant overload, improper lifestyle, and rare visits to doctors, the number of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract is constantly increasing. According to statistics, the following factors increase the chances of gastroenterological pathology:
- Adverse environmental impact.
- Unbalanced nutrition.
- Sedentary lifestyle.
- Bad habits, e.g. smoking.
- Weak immune system.
- Burdened family history.
- Chronic stress.
How To Detect Disease?
Due to the high prevalence of gastrointestinal tract diseases, modern diagnostic methods are constantly being introduced. All research methods that are used in this field are divided into two groups:
Laboratory Diagnostic Methods
- Complete blood count.
- Urine analysis.
- Blood biochemistry.
- Blood test for hepatitis markers.
- Bacteriological analysis.
Instrumental Diagnostic Methods
- Endoscopic examination of the bowel: esophagogastroduodenoscopy, enteroscopy, colonoscopy.
- Ultrasound examination of the internal organs such as liver, pancreas, intestine, stomach.
- Colorectal cancer screening.
- Helicobacter pylori respiratory urease tests.
- Biopsy of the digestive system organs.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy.
All these methods will help to detect pathology at the early stages, which will positively affect the process of treatment and recovery. According to the results of these examinations, doctors can prescribe the correct treatment, or refer to other narrow-profile specialists. Treatment can be medicamentous or non-medicamentous. In case of serious illness, urgent surgery may be recommended. Early diagnosis is the path to successful treatment.
Treatment Of Diseases Of The Digestive System
Based on the results of laboratory and instrumental studies and the clinical manifestations of the disease, an individual treatment program is elaborated, which includes:
- Etiotropic treatment: antibiotics, antiviral drugs.
- Pathogenetic therapy: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, immunomodulators.
- Symptomatic therapy: drugs against diarrhea and constipation, sedatives, vitamin complexes, hepatoprotectors.
- Physiotherapy: electropulse therapy, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis, etc.
Surgical methods of treatment are used in case of inefficiency of conservative methods or in case of complicated course of gastroenterological disease (bleeding, perforation of the wall of the abdominal organ, malignancy). Operations on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract are performed by abdominal surgeons.
Treatment Abroad Is The Right Choice
With the development of medical technology, treatment abroad is now available to everyone. In order to receive treatment abroad, just go to the Booking Health website and leave a request. The company employees will reply to you shortly. The company will help you choose the best clinic and treatment program, as well as provide assistance in flight and hotel selection.