Have you ever wanted to make your bed extra special? Do you want to give it a unique and functional touch? Then turning your bed into a trundle might be the perfect solution for you. Turning your bed into a trundle is not as difficult as one might think. With the right tools, some time, and dedication, you can have your own custom-made trundle in no time.
In this article, we will take a look at how to turn your bed into a trundle from start to finish. From deciding on the type of bed, gathering supplies, and putting it all together – by the end of this post, you will be well on your way to having the trundle of your dreams!
What Is A Trundle Bed?
Want to know what a trundle bed is? A trundle bed is a type of bed that has a second, smaller bed hidden underneath it. This makes it perfect for people who want to save space in their bedroom, or for those who have overnight guests and need an extra bed on hand. To turn your bed into a trundle bed, simply add a trundle frame underneath your existing bed. Then, when you need the extra bed, just roll it out from under the main bed. It’s that easy!
How To Turn Your Bed Into A Trundle Bed
If you have ever wanted to know how to turn your bed into a trundle bed, then this is the article for you. A trundle bed is simply a bed that has been designed to fit underneath another bed. This can be a great way to save space in your home, as well as providing an extra bed for guests. Here are some simple instructions on how to turn your bed into a trundle bed:
- Measure the height of your mattress and box spring. You will need to know this measurement in order to purchase the correct size trundle frame.
- Purchase a trundle frame that is the same width as your mattress and box spring, and is no more than six inches shorter in height.
- Assemble the trundle frame according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place the trundle frame underneath your bed, making sure that it is centered.
- Secure the trundle frame to your bedframe using L-brackets or similar hardware.
- Place your mattress on top of the trundle frame, and make up the bed as usual.
Now you know how to turn your bed into a trundle bed! This can be a great way to save space in your home, as well as providing an extra bed for guests when needed
The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Having A Trundle Bed
A trundle bed is an extra bed that can be stored under another bed. It is perfect for small spaces or for when you have guests over. However, there are some pros and cons to having a trundle bed.
The biggest pro of having a trundle bed is that it is a great space saver. If you have a small bedroom, or if you often have guests stay over, a trundle bed can be a lifesaver. It takes up very little space when it is not in use, and can easily be pulled out when needed.
Another pro of having a trundle bed is that they are usually very affordable. You can find them at most furniture stores, and they are generally quite affordable.
However, there are also some cons to having a trundle bed. One of the biggest drawbacks is that they can be quite uncomfortable to sleep on. Since they are so close to the ground, they tend to be quite hard and lumpy. This can make it difficult to get a good night’s sleep on a trundle bed.
Another downside of having a trundle bed is that they can be difficult to access if you have high beds. If your beds are too high off the ground, it can be difficult to reach the trundle bed underneath. This means that you may have to get creative with how you access it, which can be frustrating.
How To Make The Most Of Your Trundle Bed
Trundle beds are a great way to save space in your home, and they can be a lot of fun for kids to sleep in. Here are some tips to make the most of your trundle bed:
- Make sure the bed frame is sturdy. Trundle beds tend to be lightweight, so it’s important to have a sturdy frame to support the mattress and prevent the bed from wobbling.
- Choose a comfortable mattress with proper dimensions. A trundle bed is only as comfortable as the mattress you put on it, so make sure to choose wisely. Ultimately, it’s up to you whether you want a firm or soft mattress, but keep in mind that many people find memory foam mattresses more comfortable for sleeping on than traditional spring mattresses.
- Add some pillows and blankets. Just because it’s a smaller bed doesn’t mean it can’t be cozy! Add some pillows and blankets to make your trundle bed feel like a true bedroom retreat.
- Use storage baskets underneath. The space underneath a trundle bed is perfect for storing extra blankets, pillows, or even toys. Invest in some storage baskets or bins to keep things organized and tidy beneath the bed.
- Don’t forget the nightstand! Just because there’s not much space doesn’t mean you can’t have a nightstand next to your trundle bed. A small table or stool will do the trick, and you can even
Turning your bed into a trundle is a great way to make use of the extra space in your bedroom. With some creativity and a few handy tools, you can easily transform your standard bed into a comfortable daybed with an optional trundle. Whether you’re looking for extra sleeping space or just want to give your room an updated look, converting your bed into a trundle is an easy way to get the job done.