Booking a holiday for the upcoming year? A luxury skiing holiday could be just what you need for a fun-filled time away with friends or family.
The thrilling feeling you get when travelling down the slopes at speed and then enjoying a drink – or two – apres ski makes for a holiday that you won’t forget.
However, with the UK only having 10 ski areas with real snow, you may need to travel a little further afield and Europe is filled with luxurious destinations for you to experience on your skiing holiday.
Not sure where these places are? We’ll take a look at some of the best spots to ski in Europe and how you can add an extra layer of sophistication too. Read on to find out more.
Skiing in Europe: What the Continent has to offer
Europe is a continent synonymous with beautiful skiing holidays and that’s because there are so many different places to do it.
However, those looking for a luxurious holiday will want to consider the following destinations:
- Lech-Zürs, Austria – sitting in the Alps, this is a beautiful region renowned for winter sports and has an elevation of 1,716 meters. Skiing holidays in Austria are known to be some of the best, so Lech-Zürs is a must-visit.
- St. Moritz, Switzerland – this is a luxury alpine resort town that’s hosted the Winter Olympics twice and has a world championship bobsled run made from natural ice.
- Courchevel 1850, France – with superb accommodation, brilliant slopes and exclusive amenities for you to enjoy, this is a great place for any skiing fans to visit. Plus, its highest slope is 1,850 meters, so daredevils can seek thrills at this resort.
How can you add more luxury to your skiing holiday?
While these places are all beautiful and luxurious, you can make them a little extra special when you do the following on your holiday:
- Stay in a catered ski chalet.
- Try private ski lessons with some of the leading instructors on the continent.
- Transfer to the slopes in style using luxury transport such as helicopters or private executive cars.
- Make sure you buy or hire the best gear possible to take your skiing skills to a whole new level.
- Book tables at some of the finest dining establishments in the area, so you can taste great food from world-renowned chefs.
Luxurious hotels to add to your list
Make sure you have a great place to unwind after a long day of skiing by staying at one of the leading hotels in Europe.
Some of the best hotels you can stay at on the continent include:
- Tschuggen Grand Hotel – Arosa, Switzerland
- Hotel Weisses Rössl – Kitzbühel, Austria
- Hotel St. Hubertus – Cervinia, Italy
- Le Refuge de Solaise – Val d’Isère, France
Like the sound of some of these locations?
Don’t hesitate and book your luxury skiing trip as soon as you can, so you can start to get excited for a fun time with your friends and family.